Friday, June 10, 2011

FAMILY PLUS - June 10

Hello High School Parents

I guess it's safe to say that summer has officially started and your high schooler has already been hitting you up for some extra cash to get in on whatever his or her friends are getting into.  Although my son is only four, he is already capable of asking for money and wanting it right when he asks!

That brings me to the series we just began this past Wednesday in the District on Patience.  We talked about how tough it is to wait on things, but that it seemed the absolute BEST things in our lives were the ones on which we had to wait.  We also talked about how being patient is a mark of the Holy Spirit in our lives as patience is a fruit of the Spirit.

Try to be aware this week about what you are modeling when it comes to patience. I'm sure your student already knows the limit of your patience as it relates to him or her. Watch for opportunities this week to show patience toward your child.  I guarantee you he or she will notice!!!

Take a look at other fruit of the Spirit by looking at Galatians 5.  As always, please let me know if there is something I can pray about for your family.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment