Saturday, March 31, 2012

FAMILY PLUS High School - March 31

Hey High School Parents!

WOW!! It's been a couple weeks since I've been able to get an email out to you guys, and a LOT has happened!

1 - Completed our Spring Mission Trip to New Orleans.

2 - Voted as a church to build a New Generations Building to house our High School Ministry (and other NG Events)

3 - Relocated temporarily to Annex II.

This past Wednesday night was our first in Annex II. I asked your students to take the artwork they created as a response to worship a few weeks ago and decorate the building with it....it looks GREAT! It really helped (in my mind, and theirs, too, I think) to identify with that temporary space a little better.

But the COOLEST thing happened as a result of our history in Annex II already. You see, every time we head to New Orleans for our mission trips, we leave from that building. In fact, the original purpose for Annex II was for it to be a center for much of our mission work here at the Glade. Every time we go "on mission" to The Big Easy, we stage, pray, and are "sent out" from The Glade Church Missions Center. (Okay - that's not the "official" name....but allow me the poetic license for the sake of my point).

On Wednesday, I reviewed some Scripture from 1 Corinthians 12 - 14 and suggested to our students that they are not just to be "on mission" in New Orleans, but here at home as well. I also challenged them that Annex II is not just a place that we go "from" to minister. Rather, it is a place we come "to" for the sake of being ministered to by others - AND - it's a place we come "to" for the sake of ministering to others. I challenged students to look at our temporary home as a place to find and nurture their spiritual gifts for the sake of ministering to their peers as described in the New Testament.

My prayer is that your students will continue to learn to be the Church to their peers, to their teachers/coaches/bosses, and even to you - their parents. I'm excited about this time of transition for all of our age levels, and appreciate your prayers and support as we strengthen our facilities to better minister to your family.

Let me know what I can pray about for you. Here are some things you can be praying for me:Clarity...we have a LOT going on right now. Pray that God keeps me focused on what He finds holy, glorious and good. Balance....Pray that God would help me balance work and home and to also well balance responsibilities at each. Protection....Busy times are strategic for the enemy - pray him away from my home, family and our ministry.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment