Saturday, October 15, 2011

FAMILY PLUS October 15

Hello HS Parents!

This past Wednesday night I spoke to your students about life...and death. We actually discussed a dear family member I recently lost - my great Uncle Charlie. He was such a godly man and his funeral was spent sharing the many years he committed to living out his faith in all that he did.

I had your students complete two exercises:

1) They paired up with another teenager and wrote a eulogy for him/her.

2) I had them write a eulogy for themselves depicting what they hoped people would say of them about their time on earth.

As you would imagine, the responses were pretty interesting...and quite humerous for some of them (I LOVE their creativity!). We ended by asking them to consider that 1,000 years is but a day to God. And since our short time on earth is barely a blink of His eye...what should we spend our time doing?

I would encourage you to look for ways to steer conversations with your student toward purpose and meaning. High school students are in the prime stage of looking for their meaning. Seize the chances you get to help them identify what we are all TRULY here for.

-Michael

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment